Smoky BBQ Ribs Recipe
For you meat lovers, here is a Smoky BBQ Ribs recipe that will knock your socks off!:
- 2 racks of baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for added heat)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (your favourite variety)
- Preheat your grill for indirect grilling. If using charcoal, prepare it for two-zone cooking by placing the charcoal on one side of the grill.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using) to create the dry rub.
- Prepare the ribs by removing the membrane from the back of the racks. This will help the flavours penetrate the meat better.
- Pat the ribs dry with paper towels, then generously rub the dry rub mixture all over the ribs, coating them on both sides. Allow the ribs to sit at room temperature for about 15-30 minutes.
- Place the ribs on the indirect heat side of the grill, away from the direct flames. Close the lid and let them smoke for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until the meat is tender and begins to pull away from the bones.
- During the last 20 minutes of cooking, baste the ribs with your favourite BBQ sauce, brushing it on both sides. Allow the sauce to caramelize and create a sticky glaze.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before cutting them into individual portions.
- Serve the smoky BBQ ribs with additional BBQ sauce on the side, along with your favourite BBQ sides like coleslaw, cornbread, or grilled vegetables.
Enjoy your delicious smoky BBQ ribs, and savour the flavours of World BBQ Week!